Let us take a brief look at DRY EYES…
Understand that “dry eye” is a disease state that results from various causes. Let us take a look at those causes...
Please note, for some people, the symptoms of burning, itchy, red eyes with blurry vision appears to come out of the blue or can result from an infection of the eyelids. In these cases, treating the eyelid infection, just getting out of the sun, wind or heat and wearing your glasses and sunglasses will ease the discomfort. HOWEVER, if you are constantly battling this condition you must see your ophthalmologist.
Pay attention if:
1. Your eyes often become red, itchy and painful when they are exposed to wind, forced hot air, light and pronged exposure to TV and computer screens. Yes, this includes the use of mobile phones!
2. Difficulty wearing eye makeup or products that are applied near the delicate eye tissue.
3. Your eyes become painful when wearing contacts for short periods of time.
4. You have periods of excessive tearing when your eyes are dry, sore and red.
5. You have a history of allergies or suffer from an autoimmune disease, e.g. rosacea, pink eye, Sjogren’s syndrome… just to name a few.
If you have observed any of these issues that result in dry sore eyes, be sure to tell your eye doctor.
Feel free to consult with Dr. Mullan by calling the Eye Clinic: 248 691 4312 or 248 299 3937
We look forward to helping you with ALL YOUR EYE CARE NEEDS!
Deborah Mullan/A Creative Living Professional